Hi! Thank you so much for visiting me here.
Span was my nickname as a child, my real name is Hannah and this blog is my living testimony to the goodness of God.
In May 2013 I was born again and became a Christian, (John 3:3). I asked the Lord Jesus into my life, asked for his forgiveness and believed on him as my Lord and Savior. Since then my life changed and so did my blog, I still blog about the things I did before, my crafts and the art I enjoy to do but now I also share my life and how, thanks to the Lord, I am finally healing from long term conditions that left me sofa bound for years. I share all the many things the Lord does for me and how my life is improving and changing everyday. After years of believing that I couldn’t have children He has blessed me with a little boy who I refer to as Little S, being a Mum has taught me so much about the Lord and how He loves us which I share here. I am also now part of a great fellowship in my area started by a wonderful couple who were sent here by the Lord to share His word. The Lord spent a few years allowing me to remain too ill to go to Church but I never imagined what he had in store for me.
I have been writing this blog since August 2008 and I started it as a way of recording my progress while hopefully sharing with others who are suffering from chronic illness. At the beginning of 2014 I decided to take down most of my posts as I have changed so much since becoming a Christian and my life really has been made anew so I am letting that old life go. I was going to stop blogging but I feel led to carry on and share my story with you, this blog post explains a little of how I came to realise that God was real and that He wanted me to come to Him.
It was about 2 weeks later after this happening that I prayed for forgiveness and asked the Lord Jesus into my life, it wasn’t until I got to the point of doing that I realised what I had done, how much I had hurt Him by turning away from Him and rejecting His gift of salvation. I know now that this was a wonderful gift from the Holy Spirit. As The Lord works with me and changes me I realise more and more what kind of person I was, how angry, selfish and bitter I was inside and how I thought it was all justified because I was ill. I believed that because I was a nice person it didn’t matter. That I deserved a better life because I was ‘nice’. Even after I was saved I found myself wondering if my sin was less than others because I didn’t do anything really bad. Now I know that is irrelevant (and wrong, as since I have remembered things I did that were very bad) as I was still heading to the same place as everyone else who rejects Jesus, regardless of how nice or how many kind things I did for others. (I was also still angry and bitter inside which as I have learned more I now know is just as bad as doing outward bad things) This blog is a documentation of these inward changes and how it impacts my life.
What I believe
As I go about my online travels I am finding that so many people do not share exactly what they believe, I think its important to tell people as there is so much false doctrine out there so it is something I have chosen to do.
- I believe in the Godhead, that God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three persons in one and that they are co-equal. Do I understand it? No. Thankfully that’s not a requirement. But I know its true.
- I believe the Bible, as originally given, to be without error, the fully inspired and infallible Word of God and the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. I believe it has not been nor will be added to.
- I believe that man was created perfectly and that sin entered the world and man fell, I believe we all have the choice to either follow God or reject Him and that He reveals Himself to all man.
- I believe in Jesus, I believe He is God, I believe in the virgin birth. That He lived a sinless life, died on the cross and was resurrected. All so that we could have a direct relationship with God and be with Him for eternity. I believe He is now with the Father interceeding on our behalf.
- I believe that salvation is received by repentance and faith in Jesus only. That Gods grace is for anyone who wants it and is not earned by anything we do.
- I do not stand with the word of faith movement, (nor the self esteem or prosperity movement for that matter), I do believe though that the gifts of the Spirit are still going (all of them), however, I think it is abused. I think it is best to practice discernment in this issue which the Holy Spirit will give if we ask Him.
- I believe the Lord Jesus is coming back. And I can’t tell you how much joy that brings me 🙂
In 2006 I started to suffer from lot of strange symptoms including constant dizziness, vertigo attacks that lasted from a few minutes to several hours, eye pain, head pain, extreme sound and light sensitivity, tinnitus, visual disturbances and many more all of which I still suffer with daily. I was finally diagnosed with migraine associated vertigo. But in 2013 end of 2012 I was diagnosed with a few other things. It has completely changed my life and has made me slow down and appreciate the small things in life. I struggle with small day to day things and leaving the house can be a challenge but with the Lords constant help and His infinite grace things are improving. This blog is also my testimony to how God is changing me and healing me.
I enjoy art and crafts and I love to illustrate, draw and doodle the Lords word in the form of art journaling a lot of which I share here on my blog. Though it has been put on the back burner since I became a Mum. I believe that art and crafts are a great way to heal and it has helped me a lot. Art is such a wonderful gift from God and I love to celebrate that and give Him the Glory! 🙂
Thank you for visiting, I hope my blog blesses you, please do say hi!
God Bless x