Hi! Thank you so much for visiting me here.
My name is Hannah Blavins and this blog is my testimony to the goodness of God and a place to share my work. I have a passion for textiles and saving waste from landfill so I use old clothes and reclaimed materials and fabrics in my work. I am inspired by Gods word and His creation.
In May 2013 I was born again and became a Christian, (John 3:3). I asked the Lord Jesus into my life, asked for his forgiveness and believed on him as my Lord and Savior. Since then my life changed dramatically this blog post explains a little of how I came to realise that God was real and that He wanted me to come to Him.
In 2006 I started to suffer from lot of strange symptoms including constant dizziness, vertigo attacks that lasted from a few minutes to several hours, eye pain, head pain, extreme sound and light sensitivity, tinnitus, visual disturbances and many more all of which I still suffer with daily. I was finally diagnosed with migraine associated vertigo. But in 2013 end of 2012 I was diagnosed with a few other things. It has completely changed my life and has made me slow down and appreciate the small things in life. I struggle with small day to day things and leaving the house can be a challenge but with the Lords constant help and His infinite grace things are improving. This blog is also my testimony to how God is changing me and healing me. The changes that have happened in my life have been amazing and I am now a Mum to two amazing boys and I volunteer for a local charity which is designed to help people who are isolated and lonely.
As The Lord works with me and changes me I realise more and more what kind of person I was, how angry, selfish and bitter I was inside and how I thought it was all justified because I was ill. I believed that because I was a nice person it didn’t matter. That I deserved a better life because I was ‘nice’. Even after I was saved I found myself wondering if my sin was less than others because I didn’t do anything really bad. Now I know that is irrelevant (and wrong, as since I have remembered things I did that were very bad) as I was still heading to the same place as everyone else who rejects Jesus, regardless of how nice or how many kind things I did for others. (I was also still angry and bitter inside which as I have learned more I now know is just as bad as doing outward bad things) This blog is a documentation of these inward changes and how it impacts my life.
What I believe
I think its important to be open so I this is what I believe:
- I believe in the Godhead, that God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three persons in one and that they are co-equal. Do I understand it? No. Thankfully that’s not a requirement. But I know its true.
- I believe the Bible, as originally given, to be without error, the fully inspired and infallible Word of God and the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. I believe it has not been nor will be added to.
- I believe that man was created perfectly and that sin entered the world and man fell, I believe we all have the choice to either follow God or reject Him and that He reveals Himself to all man.
- I believe in Jesus, I believe He is God, I believe in the virgin birth. That He lived a sinless life, died on the cross and was resurrected. All so that we could have a direct relationship with God and be with Him for eternity. I believe He is now with the Father interceding on our behalf.
- I believe that salvation is received by repentance and faith in Jesus only. That Gods grace is for anyone who wants it and is not earned by anything we do.
- I believe the Lord Jesus is coming back. And I can’t tell you how much joy that brings me 🙂
Thank you for visiting, I hope my blog blesses you, please do say hi!